Ever wanted friend ice cream but didn’t want to mess with actually having to deep-fry something? Well look no further! Here is a super easy 5 minute recipe! Added bonus – you can even make this vegan!
- Vanilla ice cream of your choosing (I used a vegan ice cream to keep it allergy friendly!)
- Corn flakes (or you can substitute Frosted Flakes or Honey Nut Frosted Flakes)
- Margarine or butter (again, I used a vegan margarine to keep it allergy friendly)
- Honey and/or chocolate syrup
- Scoop out your ice cream and put it in the freezer.
- Add margarine, corn flakes, and a bit of sugar to a small pan and sauté the corn flakes for a few minutes. If you choose to use Frosted Flakes or Honey Nut Frosted Flakes (like I did here!) you can skip the extra sugar.
- Lay the corn flakes onto a plate and gently roll your ice cream in the corn flake mixture. You can use your hands to add extra of the corn flake mixture into your ice cream.
- Drizzle with honey (pictured), chocolate syrup, or any topping of your choice. You could also add whipped cream and a cherry if you want to get extra fancy. 😉
This super simple treat is so yummy! Enjoy!