I finally made the best chocolate chip cookies that I’ve ever made! And they’re vegan! The best part – no one would ever know! And I say that not as a crunchy mom who thinks all vegan things taste great. I say that as a sweets fanatic who is skeptical every time I find a vegan baked good. I promise, these won’t disappoint! I’m going to include the exact ingredients I use for those of you that may not know where to start with buying allergen-free ingredients. Feel free to revert to your favorites if you want though!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Country Crock Plant Butter sticks)
- 1 egg equivalent of Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips (or however many you want)
- Splash of Oat Milk (if needed to make dough the right consistency)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F
- Microwave the butter until melted but not hot (about 40 seconds)
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with both sugars
- Stir in vanilla and egg replacer (after you’ve let the egg replacer stand for 1 minute)
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix dough until soft. This is where you will add the splash of oat milk if needed. I feel like it helps the consistency get just right! You want the dough soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Scoop out dough with a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tbsp) and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet (I used parchment paper)
- Cook for 8-12 minutes. Cookies will still look a little underbaked but that’s what makes them chewy and delicious!
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my family did! My food allergy daughter’s birthday is in two weeks and I’m definitely going to be making a big batch of these for her party! If you make them, comment and let me know how you liked them!
***Please note that these cookies are egg, dairy, and peanut free. If you follow this exact recipe they will still contain gluten and have the possibility of containing soy (the Country Crock Plant Butter may contain soy).